I had to wait for everyone to be out of the house. Snuck the package into my studio. Had to hide the packing material evidence.
Shhhh…..Don’t tell my better half …. I adopted a new machine!
My new-to-me Brother KX 350 is so much fun! The 350 is a lighweight (translated: plastic bed) mid-gauge machine. No patterning, minimum of levers and buttons and knits like a dream!
Reasons for the addition:
- I “loaned” my Silver Reed LK150 to a knitter
- I NEEDED a mid-gauge machine
- It was such a deal!
- I can take it with me when I travel
- I needed a mid-gauge to test some new hand knitting yarns that we are promoting with Laurel at handknitting.com
- Did I mention it was a great deal?
- Does any of this sound familar? LOL
BTW – I picked up my new machine from listing our the Knit it Now Classifieds pages. This service is free and has found new homes for many machines, books and accessories. http://classified.knititnow.com/
My first test with my new machine:
The unusual construction of this yarn appealed to me, plus it’s a closeout $5 off per ball!
I plan to knit a machine knitting version of this summer top. What will you knit with this interesting yarn?
Stay tuned! (Mine will be pink and purple .. .can’t wait!)