Here is an open source program that creates simple punchcard designs from your images.
You can upload a 2 color image and it translates your drawing to punchcard format.
The project creates a file that is designed to be used with laser printers. (The output is in SVG – scalable vector graphic format). But it can also be used to manually create punchcards.[/one_half]
- Follow the instructions on the website and upload an image
- Open the SVG output in Illustrator, Inkscape or any Vector editing program
- Enlarge the stroke of all the objects, so they could be seen
- Print out the design
- Tape the print out to a sunny window
- Place a blank punchcard on top and mark the design
- Manually punch the card