- Used 2 colors and added stripes
- Eliminated the 1″ front rolled edges (I cast on and bound off with waste yarn)
- Picked up the neckline, front edges (from the waste yarn) and hem on a large circular hand knitting needle
- Hand knit garter stitch around the entire opening, adding mitered corners with increases
- Added garter stitch to the cuffs as well
I have to confess that the hand knitting took longer than knitting the sweater! But the results are well worth the time. If you want a fast project, stick with the machine knit rolled edges in the pattern.